Japanese honey bee colony over a year
Changes over the year with my Japanese honey bees.
- Swarm caught a settled in (+1 Month,June)
- Feeling hot hot, The peak of summer. On the flow (Mid August)
- Summer is over, hornet attacks have stopped. Time to get ready for winter (early Nov)
- Population is dropping (Dec)
- Midwinter, Population at an all time low. (Mid Feb)
- Two weeks later and the population is starting to grow back.
- Two after that and the population is at full strength.
- Getting ready to swarm. (Start of May)
- Just after swarming.
- Post swarm plus five days
- Three weeks later and the colony is bigger than ever.