I retired my TR250 in Nov 2013 for and purchased a Honda PCX150 for commuting and short touring. Check out my mileage for my TR250 at fuelly.
- Goodbye! TR250 (11/25/2013) - So a little after three years and 37,000 km on the clock my TR250 “Mariko” 麻理子 decided to pack a fit and break down, and break down big time. Her gearbox is kaput something totally has gone a miss and it just isn’t worth putting the money into getting her fixed, still waiting to see how much it is going to cost…. but nah! I have already gone a purchased a Honda PCX150 to commute to work. Thank you Mariko
- 30,000km (6/10/2013) - Noriko (my bike) hit 30,000km today. Planning in riding her for another two years so lets see if we can put a further 20,000km on her.
- Kawasaki 250TR Super Rindo – Debut – (5/15/2013) - I have always wondered how my motorbike would handle the Tsurugi Super Rindo. The Kawasaki TR250 comes stock with caramel block tires but since I chewed through my last set within 10 months I decided on something more suited for the my sometimes casual commute to work and settled on these. Although the Tsurugi Super Rindo (Rindo means forest road, btw) has the word super hacked in there, it really isn’t an extremely hard ride and if you weren’t planing on racing through it you could do it on a street bike. I decided to do the first half and then settled on the local roads
- Cold As! (2/20/2013) - I don’t much like riding to work in snow, Riding back home sucks more if your gloves are still wet… 🙁
- Hattoji villa 2012 (12/15/2012) - Another year another trip to Hattoji villa. Located in the Hattoji Furusato Village, Bizen City in Okayama Prefecture. The thatch-roofed homestead was built more than a century ago remodeled to be a villa to join Okayama prefectures international villa program. The program offered cheap lodging in five(What I know of) separate locations through out Okayama prefecture. Sady in 2009 three of the villas Ushimado,Takebe and Fukiya were closed due to prefectural budget cuts. Hattoji and Shiraishi remain open and are highly recommended. [map style=”width: auto; height:400px; margin:20px 0px 20px 0px; border: 1px solid black;” marker=”yes” lat=”34.918852″ lon=”134.25534″]
- Leaf hunting second try (11/21/2012) - After my last leaf hunting trip I decided to give it one more chance and take another trip off island to see if I could get some better results. At least I now know for sure that I really don’t like taking pictures of the autumn colours. Hiking through them, viewing them I love, but as the photos just don’t do them justice (well my photos don’t) it just seems like a waste of time. Next year I’ll still continue to take photos but in reality I’d rather spend the time going on a longer hike. I did encounter a nice udon shop which only serves 20 meals per day and I did find a few …
Continue reading "Leaf hunting second try"
- favourite lunch-box (11/20/2012) - This is one of my favourite lunch-box spots on Awaji. On a nice day you can see from south Osaka all the way down to Wakayama with Narugashima Island smack bang in front of you . [map style=”width: auto; height:400px; margin:20px 0px 20px 0px; border: 1px solid black;” marker=”yes” lat=”34.2709863″ lon=”134.9380579″]
- Hard case (11/19/2012) - I finally purchased a hard case for the TR250 to make winter biking a little more bearable. Oh! and clock too.
- New tires (11/16/2012) - Decided to ditch my off-road tires since 95% of my riding is now on sealed roads. The tires handle like a breeze on the road but they really don’t like deeper mud as I abruptly found out.
- Kawasaki 250TR 24,000km (11/16/2012) - My Kawasaki 250TR past the 24,000km mark yesterday. Not bad for bike I have had for just over 2 years.
- Lost (11/7/2012) - Totally got lost while taking a mountain track home. Forks leading to dead ends and more dead ends. I thought I knew where the tracks would go, But No, and running low on gas I decided the consulate the GPS unit and found a trail out. lucky –
- Last bit of fun (11/2/2012) - Having the last bit of fun before I put road tires on “Noriko“. Kawasaki 250TR 2010 Model
- Motorbike commute to work (10/29/2012) - One of my commutes.